The City of Brandon has an Environmental Strategic Plan that was approved by City Council in November of 2007. This living document provides guidance and direction on environmental initiatives and concerns in the community. The initiatives from this plan are being addressed directly by city staff or in partnerships with other groups in the community.
In part of developing the plan, the Brandon Environment Committee was established to provide assistance and recommendations to City Council on various environmental issues. The committee is comprised of a number of business, groups and individuals in and around the Brandon area and meets on a monthly basis usually the last Wednesday of every month. The Brandon Environment Committee is always welcoming new members. If you would like to become a member of the committee please reach out to us using the contact form on this site.
Current active Committee Members are as follows:
- Juli Crosson - Manitoba Hydro
- Roy Sobchuk - Citizen at Large
- Sherry Punak-Murphy - CFB Shilo
- Stephen Clark-City of Brandon Parks Section
- Hope Switzer - Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- Lindsay Hargreaves - Environmental Initiatives Coordinator City of Brandon
- Allison Danielsen-Krause- Province of Manitoba
- Chris Heide - CAA Manitoba
- Kyla Maslaniec - MB Forestry
- Ken Wojnarski - Citizen at large, Knox United Green Team
- Rochelle Johnson - Riverbank Discovery Centre