The City of Brandon has an Environmental Strategic Plan that was approved by City Council in November of 2007. This living document provides guidance and direction on environmental initiatives and concerns in the community. The initiatives from this plan are being addressed directly by city staff or in partnerships with other groups in the community.
In part of developing the plan, the Brandon Environment Committee was established to provide assistance and recommendations to City Council on various environmental issues. The committee is comprised of a number of business, groups and individuals in and around the Brandon area and meets on a monthly basis usually the last Wednesday of every month. The Brandon Environment Committee is always welcoming new members. If you would like to become a member of the committee please click here to contact Lindsay Hargreaves Environmental Initiatives Coordinator for the City of Brandon or call 729-2171.
Current active Committee Members are as follows:
- Juli Crosson - Manitoba Hydro
- Roy Sobchuk - Citizen at Large
- Sherry Punak-Murphy - CFB Shilo
- Paul Ziesmann - City of Brandon Parks Dept.
- Larry Bidlake - Citizen at Large
- Rae Smith - Citizens at Large
- Hope Switzer - Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- Lindsay Hargreaves - Environmental Initiatives Coordinator City of Brandon
- Mireille Saurette - Citizen at large
- Chris Heide - CAA Manitoba
- Kyla Maslaniec - MB Forestry
- Ken Wojnarski - Citizen at large
- Lacy Kontzie - Manitoba Habitat Heritage Corporation
- Kris Desjarlais - City Councillor
- Drew Collins - CO-Operators Insurance
- Dave Barnes-Assiniboine Food Forest
- Lisa Noctor- Riverbank Discovery Centre